Activités de la branche étudiante
IEEE Student Branch activities offer numerous educational, technical, and professional advantages of IEEE membership through special projects, activities, meetings, tours and field trips. Listed below are some programs and projects of an IEEE Student Branch:
- Participation in regional conferences, workshops, and competitions
- Development of leadership, interpersonal and team building skills
- Participation in awards, scholarships and project/design programs and student paper contests
- Schedule speakers.
- Collaborate with other IEEE Student Branches, Young Professionals, and Women in Engineering groups
- Hosting annual “Welcome Back” or “End of School” events to welcome and farewell members
- Organize field trips to industry
- Give tutorials to non-members
- Raise funds for charity or Student Branch projects
- Publish a Student Branch website and newsletter
- Participate in engineering awareness programs
Seminars with guest speakers, who are professionals working in the field, enable students to enhance their knowledge outside the classroom. Joint seminars let students meet and talk with other interested students. Student Professional Awareness Conferences (S-PACs) help increase awareness of professional issues such as ethics, continuing education, and communication skills. The Student Professional Awareness Venture (S-PAVe) program gives teams of IEEE Student members the opportunity to develop project proposals to increase professional awareness and receive funding to implement the project. The IEEE also sponsors Regional Student Paper contests with cash awards in each of the ten Regions and promotes outstanding student and faculty counselor recognition award programs.